Lighting and Technology Consultancy
From my actual position in the lighting industry, including over 15 years of experience in marketing, business development and sales engineering, I am supporting new ventures in the lighting industry in taking their first steps on the market. In addition to helping start-ups settle and flourish, my support may include empowering young growth companies aiming to take their organization to a next level, both from an organizational and business development perspective.
Lighting Technology Consulting
My backgrounds in lighting technology, 3D printing and illumination optics provide me with a fair dose of valuable insights that allow me to support companies in adopting new technologies or grow their network in the lighting industry.
My specialties include, among others:
- Sales Management
- Business Development
- Marketing Communications, with a strong focus on Event Management
- Design and Engineering support (opto-mechanical)
In a broader context, I do have experience with:
- Start-up Businesses (incl. organizing crowdfunding campaigns)
- Government agencies
- Research Universities and National Laboratories
- Industry Analysts
- Venture Capitalists
The foundation I am working from includes over 15 years of lighting industry experience, enabling me to engage and grow a network with fantastic people and discover lighting technology from the inside-out:
- In-depth knowledge and experience with various levels of SSL technology, from GaN based LEDs and orgainc emitting materials to light fixtures and optics;
- Experience in evaluating a wide range of technologies for their application to solid state lighting and their suitability for application;
- Fast access to an excellent network of lighting OEM’s, lighting designers and specifiers across Europe and North-America;
- Extensive network and long-lasting relationships with many of the key people in SSL research and industry, both in Europe and North-America;
- Understanding of the current state of SSL technology and the market opportunities for SSL;
- Knowledge of the benefits and drawbacks of SSL compared to incumbent technologies.
Department of Energy (DOE)
I have had the honor to work several successive times with the US Department of Energy (DOE) on the SSL Lighting Program and discuss the latest advancements in Solid State Lighting. In my position as an independent technology advisor, we identified and discussed among other technical experts the R&D opportunities in lighting science, product concepts, and lighting manufacturing technologies for the continued advancements of LED lighting.
You can read more on the program and discussions on the page ‘Lighting R&D: LED Luminaires and Advanced Manufacturing‘.